about

2AeM is a cooperative design effort composed of the 3 young Midwestern-sprung, spread-the world-out, out-and-out Architecture student-architects: nicholas m. reiter, Jessie Wilcox and Peter Nguyen. The team base was originally Milwaukee, WI but since has become a mobile abstraction or a state of mind. 2AeM is sometimes physical, sometimes sober, partially virtual, usually vocal, and all-the-time IN-it.

We are track jumpers, demons, villains and observing you right now. Design is the New and so are the Stakes.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mobile thought.

Literary...

What separates the men from the boys. Managing my first project in Orleans I gotta say "holy crap this is alot of work." I start to wonder if I'm really cut out for this type of work....(I'm not, but who is?) I can't honestly say "Hey! I always wanted this!"

I've always been more of the laid back "lets design" for fun kind of guy......

But in the end this is reality, this project was been a large part of my life in NYC. If I don't see it through who will?

heres a link for the project in Orleans.

Thoughts: its a idea about structure to surface, in the end YES it does look like the other projects and YES he has done something similar before (TVMNY semi official age maybe 2?). BUT, look a little deeper....think about the construction of the pieces, and how it comes together. The fact that a small 4x5x1.5 box can make a 30' long 20' wide and 14' tall structure is amazing..... right? no? are you not impressed? then these designs are not for you! :P and that only scratches the surface....theres so much more depth to the process....

I'll post my own pics in a month.
please remind me......

2 comments:

  1. i feel the same way coordinating the end of the year show for our studio at GSAPP. good luck Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ty ty,
    Side note, i suddenly realized that our blog is more about our trials and experience than it really is about design....maybe one day we'll make it big and make a book about out of this blog :P

    ReplyDelete